October 15, 2012
Oh-So-Easy Nachos Recipe
I hesitate to call this a recipe, but these were simply too good not to share!
- Tortilla Chips (I used Nacho Cheese Doritos for my husband and regular tortilla chips for me.)
- 1 Pound Ground Turkey
- 7 Teaspoons of Taco Seasoning
- Shredded Cheddar
- Black Beans
- Pico de Gallo (I used store bought Southwestern blend that had corn and beans in it.)
- Melting Queso Cheese and Milk, if instructions call for it
- Half of an Avocado
- Brown your ground turkey and drain any excess fat from the pan.
- Add seven teaspoons of the taco seasoning (or use one store-bought pack), and a half a cup of water to the cooked turkey. Cook until there is no water left in the pan.
- Arrange your tortilla chips on a baking sheet.
- Add all of the ingredients to the top of your chips except for the queso cheese, milk (if using) and avocado.
- Cook in a 350° oven until all ingredients are heated through and cheddar cheese is melted.
- While your nachos are in the oven, melt the queso cheese according the the package instructions. Mine called for breaking the cheese into small chunks and melting in a bit of milk on medium-low heat.
- Remove nachos from oven and pour queso cheese over top.
- Add avocado slices.
Travis prefers his nachos with the Doritos and only meat and cheese.
I like my nachos with everything. Yum!
As I already said, I hesitate to even call this a recipe, because you can add any ingredients your little heart desires. Mine desired all of the above with a tall drink of ice water with a squeeze of fresh lime juice. It was delicious! Plus, we had plenty of leftovers for lunch the next day, which is always a bonus in my book.
What are your favorite nacho toppings? I’m always on the lookout for new toppings.
I’m linking up to Centsational Girl’s Comfort Food linkup party!